Students with disabilities have the right to:
- be in higher education if they are otherwise qualified to be there;
- equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities available through the university;
- reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids
- appropriate confidentiality of all information pertaining to their disability with the
choice of whom to disclose their disability, except as required by law;
- information that is readily available in accessible formats.
Students with disabilities have the responsibility to:
- meet and maintain the qualifications and university standards for courses, programs,
services, jobs, and activities;
- provide current and comprehensive documentation of a diagnosed disability to the
university's disability services office;
- follow the procedures outlined by the disability services office in order to obtain
- notify their instructors of their need for accommodations; advocate for their own needs.